Below are our quick monthly journal searches of CEAs, systematic reviews and epidemiological models relating to low and middle-income countries (LMICs). Please note this isn't meant to be comprehensive....if you want that, or any other searches, please contact us!
1. Adeloye D, Jacobs W, Amuta AO, Ogundipe O, Mosaku O, Gadanya MA, et al. Coverage and determinants of childhood immunization in Nigeria: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Vaccine. 2017;35(22):2871-81.
2. Benjamin-Chung J, Abedin J, Berger D, Clark A, Jimenez V, Konagaya E, et al. Spillover effects on health outcomes in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. International journal of epidemiology. 2017.
3. Berto A, Day J, Van Vinh Chau N, Thwaites GE, My NN, Baker S, et al. Current challenges and possible solutions to improve access to care and treatment for hepatitis C infection in Vietnam: a systematic review. BMC infectious diseases. 2017;17(1):260.
4. Bright T, Felix L, Kuper H, Polack S. A systematic review of strategies to increase access to health services among children in low and middle income countries. BMC health services research. 2017;17(1):252.
5. Campolina AG, Rozman LM, Decimoni TC, Leandro R, Novaes HM, De Soarez PC. Many Miles to Go: A Systematic Review of the State of Cost-Utility Analyses in Brazil. Applied health economics and health policy. 2017;15(2):163-72.
6. Ceballos M, Orozco LE, Valderrama CO, Londono DI, Lugo LH. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of the Use of a Prophylactic Antibiotic for Patients Undergoing Lower Limb Amputation due to Diabetes or Vascular Illness in Colombia. Annals of vascular surgery. 2017;40:327-34.
7. Chen H, Chen L. Estimating cost-effectiveness associated with all-oral regimen for chronic hepatitis C in China. PloS one. 2017;12(4):e0175189.
8. Chiumento A, Hamdani SU, Khan MN, Dawson K, Bryant RA, Sijbrandij M, et al. Evaluating effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a group psychological intervention using cognitive behavioural strategies for women with common mental disorders in conflict-affected rural Pakistan: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2017;18(1):190.
9. De Oliveira GL, Guerra Junior AA, Godman B, Acurcio FA. Cost-effectiveness of vildagliptin for people with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Brazil; findings and implications. Expert review of pharmacoeconomics & outcomes research. 2017;17(2):109-19.
10. Eriksson P, Gessner BD, Jaillard P, Morgan C, Le Gargasson JB. Vaccine vial monitor availability and use in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review. Vaccine. 2017;35(17):2155-61.
11. Fan D, Li S, Wu S, Wang W, Ye S, Xia Q, et al. Prevalence of abnormally invasive placenta among deliveries in mainland China: A PRISMA-compliant Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Medicine. 2017;96(16):e6636.
12. Fellmeth G, Fazel M, Plugge E. Migration and perinatal mental health in women from low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology. 2017;124(5):742-52.
13. Gu S, Wang X, Qiao Q, Gao W, Wang J, Dong H. Cost-Effectiveness of Exenatide twice daily versus Insulin Glargine as add-on Therapy to Oral Anti-diabetic Agents in Type 2 Diabetes in China. Diabetes, obesity & metabolism. 2017.
14. John D, Parikh R. Cost-effectiveness and cost utility of community screening for glaucoma in urban India. Public health. 2017;148:37-48.
15. Jung YS, Park CH, Park JH, Nam E, Lee HL. Efficacy of Helicobacter pylori eradication therapies in Korea: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. Helicobacter. 2017.
16. Kalokhe A, Del Rio C, Dunkle K, Stephenson R, Metheny N, Paranjape A, et al. Domestic violence against women in India: A systematic review of a decade of quantitative studies. Global public health. 2017;12(4):498-513.
17. Kolesar RJ, Audibert M, Comfort AB. Cost-effectiveness analysis and mortality impact estimation of scaling-up pregnancy test kits in Madagascar, Ethiopia and Malawi. Health policy and planning. 2017.
18. Li D, Chen Q, Liu Y, Liu T, Tang W, Li S. The prevalence of acne in Mainland China: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ open. 2017;7(4):e015354.
19. Li P, Tong ZD, Li KF, Tang A, Dai YX, Yan JB. Seroprevalence of severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus in China: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PloS one. 2017;12(4):e0175592.
20. Lince-Deroche N, Fetters T, Sinanovic E, Devjee J, Moodley J, Blanchard K. The costs and cost effectiveness of providing first-trimester, medical and surgical safe abortion services in KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa. PloS one. 2017;12(4):e0174615.
21. Miyano S, Syakantu G, Komada K, Endo H, Sugishita T. Cost-effectiveness analysis of the national decentralization policy of antiretroviral treatment programme in Zambia. Cost effectiveness and resource allocation : C/E. 2017;15:4.
22. Moran D, Shrime MG, Nang S, Vycheth I, Vuthy D, Hong R, et al. Cost-Effectiveness of Craniotomy for Epidural Hematomas at a Major Government Hospital in Cambodia. World journal of surgery. 2017.
23. Patterson T, Currie P, Patterson S, Patterson P, Meek C, McMaster R. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the post-operative adverse effects associated with mosquito net mesh in comparison to commercial hernia mesh for inguinal hernia repair in low income countries. Hernia : the journal of hernias and abdominal wall surgery. 2017.
24. Qiu J, Yu C, Ariyaratne TV, Foteff C, Ke Z, Sun Y, et al. Cost-Effectiveness of Pediatric Cochlear Implantation in Rural China. Otology & neurotology : official publication of the American Otological Society, American Neurotology Society [and] European Academy of Otology and Neurotology. 2017.
25. Seidman G, Atun R. Does task shifting yield cost savings and improve efficiency for health systems? A systematic review of evidence from low-income and middle-income countries. Human resources for health. 2017;15(1):29.
26. Sheng G, Chen S, Dong C, Zhang R, Miao M, Wu D, et al. Societal implications of medical insurance coverage for imatinib as first-line treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia in China: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Journal of medical economics. 2017;20(4):371-81.
27. Shim E. Cost-effectiveness of dengue vaccination in Yucatan, Mexico using a dynamic dengue transmission model. PloS one. 2017;12(4):e0175020.
28. Suh J, Kim B, Yang Y, Suh DC, Kim E. Cost effectiveness of influenza vaccination in patients with acute coronary syndrome in Korea. Vaccine. 2017;35(21):2811-7.
29. Wang Z, Chen Z, Wang X, Hao G, Ma L, Zhao X, et al. Cost-effectiveness of nitrendipine and hydrochlorothiazide or metoprolol to treat hypertension in rural community health centers in China. Journal of hypertension. 2017;35(4):886-92.
30. Wolpe RE, Zomkowski K, Silva FP, Queiroz AP, Sperandio FF. Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction in Brazil: A systematic review. European journal of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive biology. 2017;211:26-32.
31. Zhao M, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Wang X, Reitsma JB, Zhao D, Grobbee DE, et al. Prevalence of cardiovascular medication on secondary prevention after myocardial infarction in China between 1995-2015: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PloS one. 2017;12(4):e0175947.
March 2017 [33 references]
1. Aggarwal S, Patton G, Reavley N, Sreenivasan SA, Berk M. Youth self-harm in low- and middle-income countries: Systematic review of the risk and protective factors. The International journal of social psychiatry. 2017:20764017700175.
2. Allen L, Williams J, Townsend N, Mikkelsen B, Roberts N, Foster C, et al. Socioeconomic status and non-communicable disease behavioural risk factors in low-income and lower-middle-income countries: a systematic review. The Lancet Global health. 2017;5(3):e277-e89.
3. Ayalew MB. Self-medication practice in Ethiopia: a systematic review. Patient preference and adherence. 2017;11:401-13.
4. Bergmann JN, Legins K, Sint TT, Snidal S, Amor YB, McCord GC. Outcomes and Cost-Effectiveness of Integrating HIV and Nutrition Service Delivery: Pilots in Malawi and Mozambique. AIDS and behavior. 2017;21(3):703-11.
5. Cobos Munoz D, Merino Amador P, Monzon Llamas L, Martinez Hernandez D, Santos Sancho JM. Decentralization of health systems in low and middle income countries: a systematic review. International journal of public health. 2017;62(2):219-29.
6. Elshahidi MH, Elhadidi MA, Sharaqi AA, Mostafa A, Elzhery MA. Prevalence of dementia in Egypt: a systematic review. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment. 2017;13:715-20.
7. Gesesew HA, Tesfay Gebremedhin A, Demissie TD, Kerie MW, Sudhakar M, Mwanri L. Significant association between perceived HIV related stigma and late presentation for HIV/AIDS care in low and middle-income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PloS one. 2017;12(3):e0173928.
8. Ishola F, Owolabi O, Filippi V. Disrespect and abuse of women during childbirth in Nigeria: A systematic review. PloS one. 2017;12(3):e0174084.
9. Jenson A, Hansoti B, Rothman R, de Ramirez SS, Lobner K, Wallis L. Reliability and validity of emergency department triage tools in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. European journal of emergency medicine : official journal of the European Society for Emergency Medicine. 2017.
10. Jeong YJ, Kim H, Baik SJ, Kim TM, Yang SJ, Lee SH, et al. Analysis and comparison of the cost-effectiveness of statins according to the baseline low-density lipoprotein cholesterol level in Korea. Journal of clinical pharmacy and therapeutics. 2017.
11. Johns B, Doroshenko O, Tarantino L, Cowley P. The Cost-Effectiveness of Integrating HIV Counseling and Testing into Primary Health Care in the Ukraine. AIDS and behavior. 2017;21(3):655-64.
12. Johnson RR, Friedman JM, Becker AM, Spiegel DA. The Ponseti Method for Clubfoot Treatment in Low and Middle-Income Countries: A Systematic Review of Barriers and Solutions to Service Delivery. Journal of pediatric orthopedics. 2017;37(2):e134-e9.
13. Khan M, James R, Sundaram N, Wu S, Eang MT, Vonthanak S, et al. Less research on tuberculosis than HIV and malaria when research agendas are poorly coordinated: a systematic review of research outputs from Cambodia. International journal of infectious diseases : IJID : official publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases. 2017;56:25-9.
14. Lai K, Zhang C, Ke W, Gao Y, Zhou S, Liu L, et al. Cost-Effectiveness Comparison Between the Response-Guided Therapies and Monotherapies of Nucleos(t)ide Analogues for Chronic Hepatitis B Patients in China. Clinical drug investigation. 2017;37(3):233-47.
15. Lai YS, Zhou XN, Pan ZH, Utzinger J, Vounatsou P. Risk mapping of clonorchiasis in the People's Republic of China: A systematic review and Bayesian geostatistical analysis. PLoS neglected tropical diseases. 2017;11(3):e0005239.
16. Lee TH, Kim W, Shin J, Park EC, Park S, Kim TH. Strategic Distributional Cost-Effectiveness Analysis for Improving National Cancer Screening Uptake in Cervical Cancer: A Focus on Regional Inequality in South Korea. Cancer research and treatment : official journal of Korean Cancer Association. 2017.
17. Loots E, Sartorius B, Madiba TE, Mulder CJ, Clarke DL. Is Clinical Research in Oesophageal Cancer in South Africa in Crisis? A Systematic Review. World journal of surgery. 2017;41(3):810-6.
18. Massenburg BB, Veetil DK, Raykar NP, Agrawal A, Roy N, Gerdin M. A systematic review of quantitative research on traumatic brain injury in India. Neurology India. 2017;65(2):305-14.
19. Mezei AK, Armstrong HL, Pedersen HN, Campos NG, Mitchell SM, Sekikubo M, et al. Cost-effectiveness of cervical cancer screening methods in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review. International journal of cancer. 2017.
20. Moloi AH, Mall S, Engel ME, Stafford R, Zhu ZW, Zuhlke LJ, et al. Rheumatic Heart Disease Epidemiology and Health Systems Barriers and Facilitators: A Systematic Review of Studies From Uganda and Tanzania. Global heart. 2017.
21. Mvundura M, Kokonya D, Abu-Haydar E, Okoth E, Herrick T, Mukabi J, et al. Cost-effectiveness of condom uterine balloon tamponade to control severe postpartum hemorrhage in Kenya. International journal of gynaecology and obstetrics: the official organ of the International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics. 2017;137(2):185-91.
22. Ng-Nguyen D, Stevenson MA, Traub RJ. A systematic review of taeniasis, cysticercosis and trichinellosis in Vietnam. Parasites & vectors. 2017;10(1):150.
23. Obuku EA, Lavis JN, Kinengyere A, Mafigiri DK, Sengooba F, Karamagi C, et al. Where is students' research in evidence-informed decision-making in health? Assessing productivity and use of postgraduate students' research in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Health research policy and systems. 2017;15(1):18.
24. O'Reilly KR, d'Aquila E, Fonner V, Kennedy C, Sweat M. Can Policy Interventions Affect HIV-Related Behaviors? A Systematic Review of the Evidence from Low- and Middle-Income Countries. AIDS and behavior. 2017;21(3):626-42.
25. Phung D, Connell D, Rutherford S, Chu C. Cardiovascular risk from water arsenic exposure in Vietnam: Application of systematic review and meta-regression analysis in chemical health risk assessment. Chemosphere. 2017;177:167-75.
26. Prinja S, Kaur G, Malhotra P, Jyani G, Ramachandran R, Bahuguna P, et al. Cost-Effectiveness of Autologous Stem Cell Treatment as Compared to Conventional Chemotherapy for Treatment of Multiple Myeloma in India. Indian journal of hematology & blood transfusion : an official journal of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. 2017;33(1):31-40.
27. Quansah R, Semple S, Ochieng CA, Juvekar S, Armah FA, Luginaah I, et al. Effectiveness of interventions to reduce household air pollution and/or improve health in homes using solid fuel in low-and-middle income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Environment international. 2017.
28. Ramachandran A, Manabe Y, Rajasingham R, Shah M. Cost-effectiveness of CRAG-LFA screening for cryptococcal meningitis among people living with HIV in Uganda. BMC infectious diseases. 2017;17(1):225.
29. Smythe T, Kuper H, Macleod D, Foster A, Lavy C. Birth prevalence of congenital talipes equinovarus in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Tropical medicine & international health : TM & IH. 2017;22(3):269-85.
30. Song P, Chang X, Wang M, An L. Variations of pterygium prevalence by age, gender and geographic characteristics in China: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PloS one. 2017;12(3):e0174587.
31. Tian M, Zhang J, Luo R, Chen S, Petrovic D, Redfern J, et al. mHealth Interventions for Health System Strengthening in China: A Systematic Review. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 2017;5(3):e32.
32. Wang YH, Shi ZT, Luo QY. Association of depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation among university students in China: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Medicine. 2017;96(13):e6476.
33. Xuan JW, Zhang ZY, Wang YF, Mao ZG, Lu YJ, Wang RZ. [Cost-effectiveness analysis of octreotide long acting release and lanreotide slow release for the treatment of postoperative patients with active acromegaly in China]. Zhonghua yi xue za zhi. 2017;97(10):765-9.
34. Zhao J, Zhao Y, Du M, Binns CW, Lee AH. Maternal education and breastfeeding practices in China: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Midwifery. 2017;50:62-71.
February 2017 (26 references)
1. Pshenichnaya NY, Leblebicioglu H, Bozkurt I, Sannikova IV, Abuova GN, Zhuravlev AS, et al. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in pregnancy: A systematic review and case series from Russia, Kazakhstan and Turkey. International journal of infectious diseases : IJID : official publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases. 2017.
2. Mogre V, Johnson NA, Tzelepis F, Shaw J, Paul C. Adherence to self-care behaviours and associated barriers in type 2 diabetes patients of low-and middle-income countries: a systematic review protocol. Systematic reviews. 2017;6(1):39.
3. Duarte TA, Nery JS, Boechat N, Pereira SM, Simonsen V, Oliveira M, et al. A systematic review of East African-Indian family of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Brazil. The Brazilian journal of infectious diseases : an official publication of the Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases. 2017.
4. Htet KK, Liabsuetrakul T, Thein S. Cost-effectiveness of a new strategy to detect pulmonary tuberculosis in household contacts in Myanmar. The international journal of tuberculosis and lung disease : the official journal of the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2017;21(2):181-7.
5. Budhathoki SS, Zwanikken PA, Pokharel PK, Scherpbier AJ. Factors influencing medical students' motivation to practise in rural areas in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review. BMJ open. 2017;7(2):e013501.
6. Coffey PS, Brown SC. Umbilical cord-care practices in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2017;17(1):68.
7. Asmare K, Abayneh T, Sibhat B, Shiferaw D, Szonyi B, Krontveit RI, et al. Major vectors and vector-borne diseases in small ruminants in Ethiopia: A systematic review. Acta tropica. 2017;170:95-104.
8. Shi Q, Hu S, Furnback WE, Guzauskas GF, Shen J, Wang BC. The cost-effectiveness of a NSCLC patient assistance program for pemetrexed maintenance therapy in People's Republic of China. ClinicoEconomics and outcomes research : CEOR. 2017;9:99-106.
9. Rogers C, Dantas JA. Access to contraception and sexual and reproductive health information post-abortion: a systematic review of literature from low- and middle-income countries. The journal of family planning and reproductive health care. 2017.
10. Banke-Thomas OE, Banke-Thomas AO, Ameh CA. Factors influencing utilisation of maternal health services by adolescent mothers in Low-and middle-income countries: a systematic review. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2017;17(1):65.
11. Lofgren J, Matovu A, Wladis A, Ibingira C, Nordin P, Galiwango E, et al. Cost-effectiveness of groin hernia repair from a randomized clinical trial comparing commercial versus low-cost mesh in a low-income country. The British journal of surgery. 2017.
12. Shafie AA, Yeo HY, Coudeville L, Steinberg L, Gill BS, Jahis R, et al. The Potential Cost Effectiveness of Different Dengue Vaccination Programmes in Malaysia: A Value-Based Pricing Assessment Using Dynamic Transmission Mathematical Modelling. PharmacoEconomics. 2017.
13. Hansen KS, Ndyomugyenyi R, Magnussen P, Lal S, Clarke SE. Cost-effectiveness analysis of malaria rapid diagnostic tests for appropriate treatment of malaria at the community level in Uganda. Health policy and planning. 2017.
14. Mvundura M, Kokonya D, Abu-Haydar E, Okoth E, Herrick T, Mukabi J, et al. Cost-effectiveness of condom uterine balloon tamponade to control severe postpartum hemorrhage in Kenya. International journal of gynaecology and obstetrics: the official organ of the International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics. 2017.
15. Njoroge M, Zurovac D, Ogara EA, Chuma J, Kirigia D. Assessing the feasibility of eHealth and mHealth: a systematic review and analysis of initiatives implemented in Kenya. BMC research notes. 2017;10(1):90.
16. Orenstein EW, Orenstein LA, Diarra K, Djiteye M, Sidibe D, Haidara FC, et al. Cost-effectiveness of maternal influenza immunization in Bamako, Mali: A decision analysis. PloS one. 2017;12(2):e0171499.
17. Prinja S, Chauhan AS, Karan A, Kaur G, Kumar R. Impact of Publicly Financed Health Insurance Schemes on Healthcare Utilization and Financial Risk Protection in India: A Systematic Review. PloS one. 2017;12(2):e0170996.
18. Belyhun Y, Maier M, Mulu A, Diro E, Liebert UG. Erratum to: Hepatitis viruses in Ethiopia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC infectious diseases. 2017;17(1):114.
19. Januario SS, das Neves Peixoto FS, Lima NN, do Nascimento VB, de Sousa DF, Pereira Luz DC, et al. Mental health and public policies implemented in the Northeast of Brazil: A systematic review with meta-analysis. The International journal of social psychiatry. 2017;63(1):21-32.
20. Sundaram N, Chen C, Yoong J, Luvsan ME, Fox K, Sarankhuu A, et al. Cost-effectiveness of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccination in Mongolia. Vaccine. 2017;35(7):1055-63.
21. Peng Z, Wang S, Xu B, Wang W. Barriers and enablers of the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS program in China: a systematic review and policy implications. International journal of infectious diseases : IJID : official publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases. 2017;55:72-80.
22. Lu S, Ye M, Ding L, Tan F, Fu J, Wu B. Cost-effectiveness of gefitinib, icotinib, and pemetrexed-based chemotherapy as first-line treatments for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in China. Oncotarget. 2017;8(6):9996-10006.
23. Yan X, Gu X, Xu Z, Lin H, Wu B. Cost-Effectiveness of Different Strategies for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism After Total Hip Replacement in China. Advances in therapy. 2017;34(2):466-80.
24. Jacobs M, Zhang G, Chen S, Mullins B, Bell M, Jin L, et al. The association between ambient air pollution and selected adverse pregnancy outcomes in China: A systematic review. The Science of the total environment. 2017;579:1179-92.
25. Permsuwan U, Dilokthornsakul P, Thavorn K, Saokaew S, Chaiyakunapruk N. Cost-effectiveness of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor monotherapy versus sulfonylurea monotherapy for people with type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease in Thailand. Journal of medical economics. 2017;20(2):171-81.
26. Khan MS, Schwanke Khilji SU, Saw S, Coker RJ. Evidence to inform resource allocation for tuberculosis control in Myanmar: a systematic review based on the SYSRA framework. Health policy and planning. 2017;32(1):102-9.